Social Media Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use for Social Media
TOA Corporation (hereinafter “TOA” or “the company”) stipulates and abides by the following TOA Corporation Social Media Policy, which outlines the appropriate attitude and actions to take and basic rules to follow for the company’s employees when using social media services, applications, and platforms, and when operating and managing its official social media accounts (hereinafter “the accounts”).
Social Media Policy
Purpose of Using Social Media
TOA uses social media services, applications, and platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) to communicate and send out information about TOA Corporation, so that more people will know about the company and what it does.
Mindset When Using Social Media
TOA recognizes social media services, applications, and platforms as places for communication based on connecting with individuals. It understands that social media accounts are for a global audience, and once information is sent out it cannot be completely deleted and retracted. Keeping this in mind, TOA engages in dialogue on social media in moderation, and as a corporation with decency and common sense.
- Observing the laws and ordinances of countries and regions, and also following related social norms and complying with company rules.
- Listening to everyone’s views and feedback, and actively sending out information to make the user experience as positive and beneficial as possible.
- Being careful about the content of information sent out and methods used, and endeavoring to not send out erroneous information or misleading statements.
- Immediately apologizing for and correcting any erroneous information or misleading statements that are mistakenly sent out.
- Honestly and openly sending out information and engaging in dialogue on social media in moderation, and as a corporation with decency and common sense.
- Following the rules and regulations of social media services, applications, and platforms set up and operated by third parties, and respecting their culture and manners.
- Not infringing the intellectual property, privacy, and other rights of third parties, and not engaging in defamatory and slanderous actions.
Terms and Conditions of Use for Social Media
The Terms and Conditions of Use for Social Media (hereinafter “T&Cs”) specify the rules and regulations for usage of the official social media accounts (hereinafter “the accounts”) operated and managed by TOA Corporation (hereinafter “TOA”or “the company”).
TOA has formulated the following T&Cs to facilitate better communication with all users. First, please carefully read and agree to the T&Cs prior to using the accounts. TOA understands that in using the accounts, the user has agreed to all of the following terms and conditions of use.
Information and Requests for All Users, and Operation and Management of the Accounts
- The information sent out from social media services, applications, and platforms is done so in accordance with their particular features, and therefore the accuracy and completeness of such information cannot be guaranteed. Please refer to the TOA Corporation website (https://www.toa.jp/) and news releases (https://www.toa.jp/news/) for the official views and statements of TOA Corporation.
- The content of information sent out and methods of engaging in dialogue (response given or not, response time and method, etc.) will differ among each social media account.
- The company may, without prior notice, stop operation of part or all of the accounts, or temporarily suspend or modify the accounts, etc.
- The information on social media services, applications, and platforms is current at the time it is sent out, and may be modified at a later date.
- The content posted by social media users (hereinafter “the users”) does not reflect the views and opinions of the company, its employees, and related parties.
- The company does not promise to reply to the posts and comments received from the users.
- As a rule, the company does not reply to inquiries sent as a direct message (hereinafter “DM”).
- The company does not manage the receipt of comments and DM sent to the accounts. Therefore, as a rule, the company also does not reply to inquiries about DM, comments, and replies posted by users.
- The company is not able to answer technical questions or questions about the methods of use and features of software and applications by third parties, and the system status of social media services, applications, and platforms.
- The company will not follow all users who follow the accounts. Also, the company may follow users who do not follow the accounts.
- The company may quote from the comments, etc. posted by users.
- The company may delete the comments, etc., and block the accounts of users that it determines have made inappropriate comments, posts, or actions that interfere with operating and managing the accounts or infringe on the rights of third parties in social media services, applications, and platforms.
- All copyrights of the content posted in the comments column, etc., of the accounts belong to the users who post them, provided this does not violate the rules and regulations of social media services, applications, and platforms. However, by posting such content, these users grant the company the permanent royalty-free, non-exclusive right to use their posted content (including by sublicensing, editing, excerpting, reproducing, publishing, translating, and public transmission), and agree not to exercise their personal rights as the copyright holders or other rights on the company.
- The company may use the content posted by users as analysis data for future marketing and other activities. The usage of such content does not entitle the users who posted the content to any claims for compensation or rights associated with development.
- The company makes no guarantees and assumes no responsibility whatsoever regarding the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness, etc., of the information in the accounts.
- The company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the comments posted by users.
- The company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by the users from the use of the accounts, or the inability to use the accounts for whatever reason.
- The company assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by the users and/or third parties from trouble arising between users, and from trouble arising between users and third parties, associated with the use of the accounts.
- The company also assumes no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by the users and/or third parties due to matters associated with the use of the accounts, in addition to those listed in paragraphs 1. to 4. above.
Please refrain from engaging in the following actions when using the accounts. Any users who engage in the following actions will have their posts deleted and account blocked, and may also be reported to the relevant authorities.
- Actions that infringe the copyrights, portrait rights, and other intellectual property rights of the company and its products and services, its employees and officers, other users, and third parties.
- Actions that infringe the property, credibility, and privacy, etc. of the company and its products and services, its employees and officers, other users, and third parties.
- Actions that defame and slander the company and its products and services, its employees and officers, other users, and third parties, irrespective of the truth.
- Actions such as forwarding, transmitting, disclosing, duplicating, and posting personal information (email address, street address, phone number, other private information) to other users and third parties, without the prior consent of the company and the individual(s) concerned.
- Actions that interfere with or destroy the overall operating of the company’s services using a virus, by hacking, or by other methods.
- Actions that are threatening, indecent, defamatory or slanderous, discriminatory, political- or religious-motivated activities, or associated actions.
- All actions for the purpose of making money, including sales and recruitment activities without the prior consent of the company, and leads and links, etc. to affiliates (pay-for-performance advertising) and sites for sales purposes.
- Actions that are offensive to public order and morals, and criminal actions or closely-related actions.
- Actions that violate laws and regulations, or closely-related actions.
- Actions that impersonate a third party, including the company.
- Other actions that go against the purpose of operating and managing the accounts.
- Actions that interfere with operating and managing the accounts.
- Other actions that constitute unlawful actions as specified by social network service companies.
- Other actions deemed as inappropriate by the company.
Changes to the T&Cs
The T&Cs are subject to change without prior notice, and these revised T&Cs will be effective from the time they are posted online.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The T&Cs are governed by the laws of Japan, and any conflict arising in regard to the accounts will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Kobe District Court in the first instance.